Individuals may qualify for the program if they are a Native American, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian who is economically disadvantaged, unemployed or underemployed, or employed but in need of program services to obtain or retain employment as determined by the program.
All applicants must be Native American, economically disadvantaged, and/or unemployed or underemployed. All documentation must be provided at the time of intake to be certified eligible for the NWD program.
- Picture Identification: State issued ID card or driver’s license, birth certificate, school ID, and/or Tribal ID
- Social Security Card: SS card or letter of documentation from Social Security Office
- Tribal Verification: Tribal enrollment card, certificate of Indian blood, or tribal documents
- Proof of Residency: Utility bill, rent receipt, voter registration card, and/or lease agreement
- Selective Service Registration: (Males only) Registration card, letter from Selective Service, or online verification
Applicants must also be income eligible:
- If economically disadvantaged: Proof of total family household income for the last 6 months, pay check stubs, public assistance (i.e., food stamps, TANF, commodity foods, SIIS, etc.)
- Unemployed: Letter from Unemployment Office, or lay-off notice
- Underemployed: Proof of working less than full-time.
Call (775) 355-0600 for the NWD office to make an appointment for your Intake Application. Appointments are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.